Sunday, March 7, 2010

Shopping, an addiction


I remebered a trip me and my mom made to Paris. We were walking in the city when we decided to go looking at the big fancy shops. So we started looking and we found Louis Vuitton, it was big and really pretty. So we entered just to look and the first thing I noticed was that there were 2 kind of girls in the store; Asians and Indians.



The Asian girls looked fancy, well dressed and like businesswomans while the Indians (which were like 6 together) were normal, they were wearing a dress and underneath jeans and of course their head covered. The other thing I noticed was the huge amount of different scarfs and they were the perfect size to make headscarfs for the Indians, so it is very common for them to come here and buy this type of product.



The Asians bought bags the biggest ones they could find, I was almost next to one and the girl at the counter showed her a very big bag and the Asian said that it wasn´t big enough, so it didn´t matter the design just the size and the label. The Indians were happier and they looked at everything.



So we were tired of looking and we went outside and we saw a disgusting thing, a woman was asking a man if he wanted some services. And it was just outside the store! Then days later when we were at the plane, next to me was seated a woman, she had traveles everywere and knew a lot of things and I told her about the thing I saw outside the store and she told me that it was common. That Asian come to buy label things, they have their savings just for this and if they didn´t had enough money they will go outside and sell themselves.



How can a woman denigrate herself to that extent. Bags and all that are just material, how has society made us need this objects and it is just for the appearence. Also things get old and then you buy new things and its a never ending cycle that creates huge debts and makes people waste a lot of money. I don´t say buying materials thing is wrong, because I like to buy too, but you have to know your limits if you have your especial saving for that, ok but if its not enough just let it be.

No comments: