Monday, March 8, 2010

Invictus


Everybody remembers the day we saw this movie as a part of Ethics class. I was very moved by this movie's feeling of triumph and the happiness hidden in every single thing.


The story talks about how President Nelson Mandela worked together with the captain of South African's rugby team to help unify the country.

Before I saw this movie, I was not very fond of sports.I didn't knew why seeing sports was so popular in Mexico, and mainly I didn't knew how sports can help unify a country.


When Nelson Mandela becames president of South Africa, a nation that is divided by economic and extreme racial issues, being him the new president, he starts to make things that help unify this country and one of this things is by helping the South African rugby team to win the rugby cup. I hardly understand why helping them win a cup could really unify a country, and now I know. When the team won, we could see everybody celebrate, being wealthy,rich,black, or white. Each and everybody of them were celebrating their team's victory. They all felt victorious.


Every little thing that makes each and everyone feel proud of being born on that country is what truely unifies them, making them better.

No comments: