Monday, March 8, 2010

Scarcity of Water



We all know about the “strategy” for saving water called TANDEO, I think we are becoming used to this situation and some of us are really annoyed because of the scarcity of water. This situation has become really stressing because we constantly face situations in which there is no water in our house and we are forced get it from other places such as water gallons that we buy in the stores. Last Saturday I woke up at 8:00pm and took a shower about at 1 o’clock, later I realized that the water was totally over, the “Rotoplas” in my house was totally empty. I wasn’t surprised because I’m getting used to the fact that water is scarce in our city, but what really made me angry was to know that the water was cut since two days before. Later I heard that days before there were some announcements telling about this cut of water. Finally after three days and because of my ignorance, as soon as the water returned I instantly began to fill as many containers as I found. On Sunday my dad told me about a man who called at a radio station asking for the address of the Mayor of the city, and protesting because he was sure that the mayor didn’t have this kind of problems in his house. This make me think about the fact that if we feel really bad with this situation, what will happen when the water turns more scarce.

No comments: