Sunday, March 7, 2010

Avatar movie



A couple of weeks ago I saw this movie, called “Avatar”, I’m pretty sure everyone knows about it. It created a big deal in marketing , because the movie was directed by the same guy that directed “Titanic”; personally I didn’t like Avatar that much. But, I’m not writing to critic the movie; what this post is about the bottom message of this movie. I understood that the movie is trying to put you in the shoes of those people whom are native to a certain place and all of a sudden someone stronger is trying to take what they love away. Like always, predators of society are always looking for resources, raw materials; and because of their greediness they don’t care what they crush if they get what they want.
In Avatar we got this beautiful land called “Pandora” which contains a material that results to be very expensive and gives some kind of energy or something, I really don’t remember about it, but that is the general deal. So humans, (the villains) are trying to get it, and at the end, everything results in war, in which the natives result winning.
So, I think it’s really cool that they are trying to give this kind of message using really cool graphics and special effects, so ALL OF US really understand the message, and start to change our crazy ways.

No comments: