Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Distribution vs Consciousness


El tandeo is a distribution of water system applied in Hermosillo. The reason why the local government decided to implement this system is because water is scarce, and because they want us to be conscious about the scarcity of it.


This distribution system has a lot of disadvantages, some of them are the limitation of water we have. With this, I mean that water is given to us in a limited period. For example, in my house I have water from 5am to 1pm, which is good because I get to shower in the morning. On the other hand, it is not cool because when I arrive home in the afternoon, there is no water to wash the dishes, to do the laundry or to go to the bathroom.


What I really want to make clear is the fact that I’m not quite sure if this system is working. Why do I think that? Well, from what I’ve seen in the homes that I’ve been lately is that people are worried about not having water, but they are not worried about taking care of the few they have.


It could be that the implementation works in terms of distribution of water, but I don’t think it’s working in the terms of conscience.

No comments: