Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Birthdays!!!


Today is my best friend birthday and I started to think why do we celebrate birthdays?
I came up to the conclusion that it all depends in our culture ans society because we all have different ways in wich we celebrate birthdays.
I think that what we celebrate is not exactly the age( number) but more what is symbolizes like getting more mature, accumulating knowledge, having different experiences that help us to grow up and mature faster, etc.
I also think that it also applie
s to other cultures, in fact I don't think that people celebrate at all the number cause then why is everyone so obsses with getting older and staying young forever by finding the fountain of the eternal youth.
If I focus in the relgious side mabe it can symbolize the day when God decided I should come to earth to achieve a specific task.It can also be a day for spending time with all the people you care and love like your family and closest friends.
What ever the reason is I just know that I love
birthdays because it is a day were you can give gifts to your loved ones and its one of the days of the year were you can spoiled them with the things they've been wanting for a while.It is also a day for reminding them how much you loved them and care about their feelings.

2 comments:

Andrea Aguilar Ochoa said...

This post that Alberto made me think why does people celebrates all birthdays if it is only one year more. We have a certain culture were we gave big hugs, gifts and even cakes to our friends.

Today is Alberto's birthday, and we are going to give him hugs in order to congratulate him because he is beginning to live his 17th year.

Alberto Cossío said...

lol.. i like your comment andy but alberto didn't made the post, I did it's my matricula the one that is tagged but I used his account because I couldn't remember my contraseña!!! :S