Monday, April 12, 2010

Basketball an unpopular sport in Mexico

We live in a country were football is the most followed sport, the most recognized around the world, and where the money goes from most of the advertisement during the National Mexican Football Team. If we talk about basketball here in Mexico, only a few people will know who are the bests players, the bests teams and only a few amount of people will play it. I have played this sport since 6th grade, and basketball is something I really like, and I also like that here in my school, basketball is well supported by our directors. But what makes me feel bad is that in Mexico is not loved by so many people. Only one player is currently playing in the NBA, the best league of the world, his name is Eduardo Najera. I think he should be a good example to follow to promote basketball here in Mexico, we really need it, in the United States there are millions of people who follow several sports, why Mexico could not be able to become more fan of basketball? I think it could happen if with the time it receives more publicity by the big TV companies., they play an important role on people’s likings, what is more on the TV is where people will put attention, and basketball deserves attention here in Mexico.

No comments: