Monday, February 8, 2010

Poverty and crime


Overpopulation leads to lack of jobs, which leads to poverty. When people are desperate to get out of it, they look for an "easy" way out, crime. In crime you don't need to fit standards, you don't have to get hired, you just have to get money from others without being caught. I'm sure they are aware committing a crime is a bad thing, unless they have some sort of psychological problem, but they do it anyways, they do it to survive and maybe take care of a family too. What should we do to stop crime? I think there isn't much an individual person can do about this, but in a bigger scale, more jobs could be created, but how and from where? And if we need to end poverty why do we give those new jobs to people who don't need them as much? Because it is in our best interest, what does it has to do with me that someone thinks he needs to recur to crime to eat every day? It has to do with me because every person has a right to live properly, it has to do with me because it isn't fair that someone is swimming in a pool of money and the other in mud, it has to do with me because no one should be committing any crime, no matter how small or big it is, it's still a crime, and no one should get money by this dishonest and awful means.

What can I do know? I can start by stop complaining about what i don't have and start being grateful about what I do have, because not many people are as lucky as we are.

No comments: