Monday, February 8, 2010

Importance of Recycling

The 3 R’s are Reduce, Reuse and Recycle. Recycling is the process in which we turn used material into new one. I think that recycling is a great idea because this way we can reduce waste, pollution and obtain new materials with good quality. There are many materials that can be recycled; like paper, plastics and glass.

Now days there are many institutions that are starting to recycle all these kinds of materials. I chose this topic because it is something that I really like and put in practice every time I get the chance. When I was in Jr. High School, I was in and ecology group were we would get together each Saturday at school and bring all the plastic bottles that we had accumulated during the week. We also had boxes in every classroom where we would put paper; there were also trash cans for organic and inorganic material.

All these activities are great ideas; I think they should be applied here in Tec and in other places. The trash cans that are in Tec are not really working because nobody cares were they put the trash and when the janitor throws the trash out it gets all mixed up, so it does not really matter where people throw the trash, which is a shame. Because of this a new group has been created, an ecology group, where we will be applying some of these ideas.

No comments: