Monday, February 8, 2010

Comic War



One day I was browsing the internet and seeing one of my favorite webcomic named " Axis Powers Hetalia" This is one of my favorite comics since it tells history on a funny way. It depicts every country involucrated on the world war 1 and 2 : USA, Italy,Japan, etc.. as characters from this funny representation of history.


Then, this simple webcomic was made to an animation. I was really excited about this event. When I started seeing this animation I remembered that on the webcomic there was Korean character, but unfortunately on the animation it didn't appeared, so I investigated what happened.


It seem that Korea had bad relations with Japan ( the country in which the animation was made), since Japan was posesor of the islands that once were Korean. Korea got extremely offended that this animation depicted a Korean stereotype of the country and wanted Japan to cancel it. Fortunately, the animation didn't got cancelled but the Korean character will not be in the animated series.


If the animation company didn't erased the Korean character from the animation, this action will be just another reason to create a war between both countries.



There is a link for a Youtube video that explains this problem. ( see description for translation)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I like your posts for their personal approach; thank you for sharing this information.