Sunday, February 7, 2010

Football


These days football is almost all you can hear of, forget about Haití the Super Bowl is coming!! I´m not very interested in american football, if you ask me of teams maybe I know 1 maximum and don´t ask me about players unless they are with a famous actress. But the interesting thing about american football, footbal or soccer and almost any other sport is that they are their own little world.


It doesn´t matter your skin color, unless is basketball in which they will automaticaly consider you better, or where you come from the only thing that matters is that you better play good and make your team win. These players, if you are good and in a good team, are paid huge amounts of money, some people think they are paid too much, and they also have money from advertaising.


They even have clubs of fans with millions of items of them, they are considered idols just like in a religion. In politics, well... some say that some games are paid, like they pay the other team to lose in purpose. I like normal football and when they say that I just can´t believe it and I can´t even think of my favorite team doing that (RM) but if you think it over, why not? In the end, football is about business, they want to earn money so it could be that one or two games are bought. What I think is often bougth its the arbrit.


But what I really want to say is that is awesome how many countries forget of racism and come together. This types of events promote turism and good relationships among countries, they are also a stress reliver, well not always because sometimes they get very exicted and if their team loses they get sad. But in the end the thing I like the most about sports in general is how they unite people.

No comments: