Sunday, April 4, 2010

The overweight Beach!


This holy week I went to Kino bay with my family to have fun, relax from school and forget about stress, but what I found is the fact that almost half people I saw, was kind of overweight and I don’t want to seem that I discriminate them but I realized this and I also have relatives that are overweight and even obese and I love them very much, but I found that Mexico is having a really strong problem with this issue. I searched and found in Internet that Mexico is the 2nd obese country worldwide after the United States.

I started thinking about this issue and I realized several things like: first of all the influences of the United States they invented the fast food and Mexico took that habit and obviously Mexicans accept it and we eat all those fast foods, which are really dangerous to our body. Then we have the junk food, and because they are cheaper some people buy them and prefer to eat them because they have no money.

But besides all these factors; what I think has the fault is our culture and our parents. Why? Because they teach us how to eat, what should we eat, the quantities and all that stuff, which is part of our culture that is passed from parents to sons. I think they should teach us to have good habits with food and maybe just once a month we could have a brake and eat whatever we want to. They should also teach us that we have to exercise our body and not because we want to have a hot body, but because we need exercise. Exercise is essential to our body because if we have it we should use it for something.

I think that it is important to make several programs or ways to eliminate or reduce the percentage of obese people because we should face this problem with all the tools that we have, we have lots of good technology we just have to apply it in some way, but the point here is to find a solution to this problem, now!

No comments: