Saturday, April 10, 2010

Internet /cellphones


Are we becoming a cyber society/family?

One day talking with my mother she told me that times had changed and I thought that it was evident and perhaps necessary, but she told me that this is not that way thing were meant to be, she told me that we should use our new sources in general for needs, but that we shouldn't abuse from them.

She began telling how they use to have fun whe she was little, about how much she talked with her parents, about the first time she had contact with a computer and mostly with the internet, and then she told me that I should compare the age at which I began and the age in which she began.

Yes there were several years of difference, but that's natural and completely normal, but then I analyzed and I really realized how this is basically ending our personal relations, I though about those times when I'm laying on my bed just watching TV and my dad that is in his room calls me if he needs something or if he has a doubt about something, I mean he couls've easily ask me to go or come, but he rather to use his cellphone!! when I thought about it I thought it was really an exageration but now a days that is one of the most normal thing to do, we rather call someone than go with that person and ask her/him for something.

And now also, when we forget our cellphone at home we feel lost we feel TOTALLY uncommunicated, but we were bornes without a cellphone and we did pretty well for several years, but now we lose our cellphone for a minute and we are freaking out already, and our grandparents most of them NEVER had a cellphone and they did just fine.

No comments: