Wednesday, April 7, 2010

High Insecurity Risks

Why do we have to be dealing with insecurity problems in our own country? This is really annoying. For example, last week I went on vacation to Tampico, Tamaulipas, and I faced a severe insecurity problem. Since we arrived to Tampico, the guides were telling us to have extreme precaution when considering going for a ride or to the shopping centers. My family and I decided not to go out of the hotel in the afternoon, and instead stay there to rest. At night, my brother, some friends, and I agreed to go and have some fun to some of the local night clubs near the hotel.
When hanging out with your friends, you never realize or notice that you could be in danger, so we were not aware of that. While we were sitting on a table, having our drinks, we noticed that some guys from the military entered the place. At the beginning everything was calm, but suddenly something happened. We started hearing some gun shots and there was panic among everyone. What is this? Gun shots in a night club? YES! Believe it or not, there were seven gun shots in a night club while I was there. Those seven shots were directed to seven guys who were sitting few tables away from ours.
Do you think this is normal? NO! This is not for rational people. It is unbelievable still for me. I still picture those images in my mind. How can we have the confidence to travel in our own country if this kind of things happens? How can we even have confidence in going out of you own house without expecting someone to pass by and shoot you? This problem should be solved NOW!! The government and the society should do their part in order to improve this huge and alarming problem…

No comments: