Thursday, April 8, 2010

Feminine Power

It is funny that a lot of my feminine classmates have already written about “feminism.” I really don’t understand why this emphasis on this topic is. I mean, I don’t know why suddenly people resumed the feminism topic. I completely agree with this. I consider myself very feminist, and this since I started hanging out with Michelle JAJAJA!! Women do not necessarily need to be obedient, we must be independent.

While I was doing research for the final project relating to Iran, I read a lot of interesting notes. I read about Iranian discrimination of women. In Iran, women have no right to neither participate in political issues nor express their opinions. Mexican women should feel proud and affortunated of the right and opportunities that we as human beings posses. Even though there is still some discrimination towards women because they are considered the weak sex, this issue is imporoving markedly.

This days, women are taking part in every social and political area. Women are no more repressed in Mexico or in the United States. We can see this strongly reflected in the political area. For example, who was competing with Obama for the American presidency? Hillary Clinton. She was nearly to win the elections, and she was a woman. Imagine what would of happen if a women wins the elections for the precidency in any country? This would be something memorable.

Every one should support the participation of women in every aspect. Women can contribute with new, better, and innovative ideas to improve society and solve problems. It is scientifically proved that women are much more intelligent than men JAJAJA!! So.. why don’t they take into account women’s contributions seriously? Lets make this serious and remark that women and men are equal.

Remember that… “Behind every successful man is a surprised woman” by Maryon Pearson

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right to highlight the challenges that women face in Iran. Did you know that there is a famous British-Iranian woman on Twitter constantly highlighting to the world the hardship that the Iranian population currently faces? Maybe we could find her online and follow her activity.....