Saturday, April 10, 2010

Amizing!


As many of my blogs, this one is about humans and their perception of life. For me, it’s curious that we go through life without noticing the little things that life has to offer. My father has taught me a lot about letting myself be amazed by the most insignificant things. It can be kind of silly, but those little images, sounds, smells, and feelings are the ones that make us realize that we’re alive and that we have a lot of things to enjoy.

It happens to me that I look thought the window and I see the tree that is right outside my house. It is a beautiful mesquite that my brothers and my parents planted when I was little. It is now flourished because of the spring and it has a gorgeous green and a little bit of yellow on its leaves. I listen to some Michael Bublé music and it makes me travel through time and imagine that I live in the 60’s and that I wear long skirts and that I have my hair curled. It actually makes me feel a little fancy and funny. Now that I feel that way, a smile comes out. I can also smell what my mom’s cooking for me. She’s preparing hamburgers and the smell of the meat is just great; it makes my stomach move.

These types of things make me enjoy moments in which I don’t precisely feel excellent, but the capacity to perceive in a positive way everything that surrounds me, it’s just great. I wonder how many joyful moments I’d have if I just remembered how happy it makes me feel to observe all the little details. I want to be like a kid that is amazed by everything.

“And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years” Abraham Lincon

No comments: