Saturday, March 6, 2010

We Are Equal




"We deserve same rights, opportunities and respect", that is something that most of us know, say and accept it.
Last semester I started my social service in UNIDOS, that is an association that is in charge of showing to the society that the quote that I just typed its true, by teaching a way of sharing time with people that has problems of expression, people that is not able to walk, to talk or something else. Before I started my social service there, I didn't spend a lot of time with someone that had a complication in any of those aspects, and I didn't know how it would be like. Then, when I started to hang out and to talk with them, I really saw that there are not big differences between they and me, I saw that we shouldn't treat them differently, because we are very very similar; the only thing we should have is patience to try to understand what are they trying to say and what are they trying to do.
We are equal; we are humans, we deserve a lot of good things, and I know that equity is not always present in our society. That is why I really appreciate the work that UNIDOS is doing; it is something that we need; we need to realize that it is necessary to have a peaceful and positive society.

No comments: