Sunday, February 28, 2010

The Amero

Wouldn’t it be nice to have just one currency in America?

But what canwe do to accomplish that? Once, I heard somebody that was saying that Canada, the U.S.A, and Mexico had this strange idea of unifying their currencies and call it the amero, but then he said that it was impossible. I wondered why, at the moment I didn’t give it enough attention. With the pass of time I asked myself if it was possible and I discovered that in order to do that, these countries would have to either balance their economies or have problems with it.

If they balance their economy (more less have the same currency value), they will have to increase Mexico’s economy and/or decrease US’s (which I don’t think will happen) to convert their currency to just one. If they join their currencies without a balance, it might happen that Mexico will have several problems because he would not be “strong” enough to support this and Mexico’s economy will be in a hurry.

Beside all these, wouldn’t it be nice to have just one currency and don’t have to worry every time the dollar increases? Maybe Mexico will have a boost in its economy because Canada and the US will push it. This currency, I think, will have the opportunity to fight against Europe. It will have many disadvantages but also many benefits.


If you want to know more about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/North_American_currency_union

No comments: