Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sexual Education

Is it really amazing to see how this generation, my generation, is sexually educated, or much better.. uneducated. I have some friends of mine about sixteen, seventeen and eighteen years old who are pregnant or have already had a baby. Isn’t this impersonating!? They are still teenagers and they are living a life that does not correspond to them just because they committed a mistake. These kinds of mistakes are usually because kids are not being well informed about the sexual relations and their consequences within being a young.

Parents play a very important role in this topic. Me, for example, I have an extremely good communication with my mom and my daddy, and because of this, I am aware of a lot of things that kids who don’t talk with their parents completely ignore. Especially my mom is who gives me advice and alerts me of everything. I am neither afraid nor ashamed of talking with my parents about sex or topics related to sex. I consider this very useful because being well informed, especially by parents who have already passed through adolescence, helps us to avoid becoming pregnant after a sexual relation or think two times before doing the sexual act.
It is very disappointing looking to friends of your age who have a baby. Why? Well.. because they use to drop school and leave friends, hobbies, likes, etc apart, start working and stuff in order to take care of another human being. It is an enormous responsibility for adolescents because there is too much in danger.


I beg you my friends.. think about it twice and consider having an open communication with your parents. Abstinence is not that bad!

No comments: