Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Drinking and Driving

Well.. I decided now to write about this topic because I am more than tired and sick of my daddy’s e-mails. He sends me hundreds of mails daily relating to driving accidents and alcohol drinking. I don’t know where he takes all those e-mails from, but each mail he sends me is very different from the other ones, even though they are still talking about the same topic: DRIVING WHILE BEING DRUNK.

We as adolescents are not completely aware of the consequences of all of our actions. How many times have we heard or seen campaigns telling you not to drink and drive? Don’t you realize why all this insistency is? Think about it. The young population in these years is much more vulnerable to have car accidents because of the effects of the alcohol. Now a day there is no “good” party without alcohol, so eeeeeeverybody drinks. There are some exceptions, as for example the designated drivers, who are not very common among us.
When you drink and drive, you are not conscious of what you are doing. You are turning out to be a danger for yourself and every person who passes by your way. Is this fair? Is it fair to crush with a car whose driver is 100% sober? NOT!

I understand the preoccupation of my parents in some way. Because I drive, my parents make an emphasis on this topic. They try to make me prevent this kind of accidents. Until today I haven’t make both things at the same time. Try to make the same : )

No comments: