Saturday, February 6, 2010

All I Can See Is Art


I know you people know about how much I enjoy and love doing art so thats why I'll post something related to it.

In my life I have ecountered people that think that drawing isnt' useful at all.

I remember clearly that day on Art class at my old school CAP. A classmate made a comment about how much art wasn't helpful at life and that poetry is a lot better and is more useful.
I have heard comments from my cousin telling that art doesn't makes money therefore it isn't useful at all.

Hearing this comments of course made me sad, knowing that something I love and that I was good at wasn't helpful at all. It crushed my dreams and expectations. So I questioned myself, what is art? Does it have an actual function?

The truth is that everything we know was made by art itself. The computers we use were first designed by artists, the house in which we live were first drawn by architects and the movies we see were created first on paper.

Art are ideas. Ideas are actions. Actions create future.

Even if you think that a simple drawing, being not complicated or not good enough can't do anything by itself, you better watch your words, becuase an image is worth more than a thousand words. More than what an actual president says to his country at elections. More than what an actual writer or poet can write on a page . Even more than what we can talk on a day.

Thats right, for me art has an amazing power. The power to create new ideas, to change point of views. To create future.


No comments: