Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Understanding Class Terms


Last class we talked about politics, government and state, and we define those terms.

We defined politics as a science that studies the system in which people is distributed.

The state was defined as the group of institutions that possess the authority to make the rules that govern people, we also conclude that state is a very abstract term, so it can have a variety of definitions according to the perspective of the person who defines it, and we also conclude that government was the most important institution of the state.

I think that is very important to see these terms; to know what is the meaning of each word because we are constantly hearing politicians and teachers saying things about the state and politics.

I have been realizing that this class is very helpful for all of us; we have to know what is happening in this world and how is affecting us.

I actually feel very proud when I am listening to the news and I can understand terms that I didn't before and I also like that I can understand how the economic crisis started and how it became global. I think that is the first time that I can inmediately apply new knowledge in my life.

No comments: