Sunday, March 28, 2010

Can you give me a hug?


Last week I received a course of Hug Therapy in a camp. There a person explained that we need 10 hugs per day to get back all the energy back from the day you wasted. Also he explained us that there are 9 kind of hugs (with their variations), and each one meant something. We practice them, and at the end we felt really happy and relaxed, so a question came to my mind, do hugs really bring the energy of our day?

A hug is a form of expressing that you care for someone, that they can count on you, and a way of congratulating someone.

But why do we feel like this with a hug? I think that when the people really feel a hug, and they do it because they are pleased to, they exchange some energy. I mean, the real feeling is given, and because of this you forget the problems or stuff on your head. I think that this is why when you are sad you want someone who can show you are protected, and you want a hug. A hug makes you feel happy, and I think it can increase your self-steam and confidence.

I think that they are very important because, a person can’t live without love, and it is a gift everyone can give. ‘’ Therapeutic touch, recognized as an essential tool for healing, is now part of nurses' training in several large medical centers’’. So it can be considered as a medicine, or sometimes as prevention for depression.

No comments: