Saturday, February 27, 2010

Lack of self-confidence


One of the most recent problems I've personally seen on society is the lack of self-confidence leading to low self-esteem. Some girls, for example, present low or no self-confidence at all because she doesn't like her body. She feels less by seeing models on magazines or television thinking that they have the best bodies, wanting to be super skinny like them lead to horrible disorders like anorexia or bulimia. I consider that as a society we need to remove from magazines, and the fashion designers should stop hireing super anorexic models and start promoting health and nutrition among society. Lack of self-confidence may also lead you to wrong decisions. For example, I love architecture and I finnish college so I am looking for a job, there is this really great opportunity that a company is offering me but I have fear of rejection and fail, so I consider mysef inble to fulfill this job because I don't believe in mysef. Chances are: I will take back the fact that I didn't chose to take the oportunity not being able to do anything about it, wanting a job that I really want, but I consider I'm not that good for it. We have to be able to have self-confidence, just look at your role models, if they can do it you can do it too. Never ever give up on your dreams, even if people tell you you cannot do it just hear don't listen to them. We need to remind us everyday that we are capable to do what we desire and it doesn't affect somebody else. We need to know that all those things that we have and others lack, even if it's a couple pounds of weight, are what makes us unique and special. Remember that nothing's held back, when it comes to fulfilling your dreams, no is not an answer.

''Tell me I'm older, tell me I'm slower, tell me I can no longer fly, I WANT YOU TO'' -Michael Jordan

No comments: