Monday, February 15, 2010

"Dissent With Desalination Plant"

Last week I was in a bus and I saw a sticker of a political party I didn't knew about: The Hermosillo Union of Usuaries (U.U.H.); it said "Say NO to desalination, say YES to El Novillo". I wasn't very sure what it meant, so I did some research and found out the next report.

The U.U.H., leaded by Francisco Navarro Bracamontes, is starting a campaign to cancel the governmental project of a desalination plant, replacing it with an aqueduct to bring water from Ciudad Obregon, not only because it will be cheap in contrast to the huge budget needed for the desalination plant, but also because in long terms the desalination plant would have negative environmental effects, specially on sea plants, because of the chemical wastes, called "salmuera".

Here is the link for more details: http://www.bionero.org/sociedad/dicen-no-a-desaladora-quieren-acueducto

No comments: