Tuesday, March 16, 2010

About what we saw in class


Since economic crisis started at late 2007, I have read as much I can to comprehend the situation. But only with a couple of classes dedicated in a full way to the recession, I was able understand what really caused the problem.

Watching the video of how people were taken out of their houses (I forgot the correct term that we saw in class) and people literally fighting for a job opportunity, indeed, made me feel sad. Sad because it was something that could be avoided if people in charge of making loans in the banks were more responsible.

I remember a teacher of mine who is economist and taught me History of Mexico. Someway or another he will end up speaking about economy. When this crisis just began in the late 2007, my professor used to talk us about what will happen in a few months.

He told us that prices will rise up due the devaluation of the dollar and that the basic basket will rise in a significant way. First it was hard to believe, but it was a matter of time to start seeing the effects of the crisis.

No comments: